terug naar overzicht
Do you enjoy programming in MATLAB and modelling in Simulink? If so, you may be a perfect fit for a Senior Technical Consultant role at MathWorks.
The primary responsibilities of the Senior Technical Consultant are to assist customers from different industries like automotive, aerospace or industrial automation and machinery in the application of MathWorks tools on their projects.
This position requires a unique combination of skills and abilities including:
- Understanding customers' development processes and engineering challenges
- Designing, explaining and implementing solutions to meet customers' requirements
- Establishing and maintaining strong technical relationships with key customers
- Getting to grips with new software tools and technologies
Generate excitement, confidence and passion for usage of MATLAB and Model-Based Design including Embedded Coder in software development and research. Serve as primary advisor to help customers using MathWorks tools to provide technical assistance from few days to several weeks or months. Partner closely with sales teams and other customer facing staff to form a cross-functional team. Periodic travel is required up to 25% of the time.
- Consulting project management - maintaining task lists, budget tracking, customer interaction, resource estimating, and job size estimating
- Consulting project execution - the technical application of MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow, and code generation to assist customers in a variety of engineering disciplines
- Consulting sales - interact with sales staff and customers to sell our services and manage customer expectations
- Consulting field data - giving feedback to product development and interact directly with product development staff to resolve tough customer issues and identify new product features.
- Programming experience in C++
- Candidates must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- Candidates for this position must hold a valid work permit in the Netherlands.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
- Experience with MATLAB
- Experience with Simulink
- Masters or PhD in engineering, or more of additional industry experience in a related filed.
- Advanced knowledge of MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow, and possibly further MathWorks tools.
- Knowledge of one or more MathWorks coder products (MATLAB, Simulink, and Embedded Coder).
- Knowledge of software development processes/software engineering
- Knowledge of software verification and validation techniques, requirements definition, and requirements tools.
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional (consulting, sales, marketing, and development) team is essential.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Experience in customer-facing engineering roles.
- Flexibility to travel
- Fluent English language skills required
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.