terug naar overzicht
Are you the Product Manager we need? Check out our job offer!
Main purpose of the job
The Product Manager is responsible to define and manage our products life cycle from concept through launch. This position requires a strong technical background and knowledge of the products involved. The Product manager will work closely with R&D, Sales and key customers.
Scope of the job
Position will be responsible for a complete range of products on a worldwide base and reports to the Group Marketing Manager Professional.
Key areas of responsibilities and accountability
- Develops strategic and tactical plans on new business and product development for the Designated Product Range
- Estimates market size and growth, as well as additional focus markets, through appropriate data
- Provides management with market value estimates, conditions and economic market forecasts
- Determines product requirements and works with sales and R&D toward implementation
- Prioritizes new product opportunities and recommends development plans
- Surveys present and projected needs of customer, working closely with Sales and R&D; setting plan for penetration of existing market or new markets with existing or new products
- Provides the direction/focus for the development and execution of sales promotion and advertising plans, including all support literature
- Ensures sales plans, strategies, objectives and policies have strong alignment with our broad marketing objectives
- Reviews markets on a regular basis and provides written analyses of market share and competitive strategies worldwide
- Based on field input, write marketing product specification for the most effective product solutions for each unique market
- Develop sales training materials for all channels
- Identify and target key competition, globally and geographically
- Will be responsible for implementing product launches globally.
- Fosters relationships with customers and end-users; understands product requirements as well as build in-depth customer/product understanding.
Requirements (competencies, skills, experience)
- Strong Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking with a ‘Hunter’ profile
- Result-oriented and an ‘achiever’
- Strong drive showing a lot of energy and enthusiasm who can persist
- Strategic thinker who never loses a hands-on mentality
- Strong analytical thinking
- Problem solving to meet deadlines and handling pressure
- Can work intercultural and able to manage different project teams
- Fluent in English
- IT fluent
- Project Management
- SAP user knowledge
Education & Experience:
- Master Degree in Sales, Business Administration/Management, Chemistry, Marketing or other marketing related field
- (More than) 10 years of experience in Marketing, preferably in building related materials and/or FMCG
- Experience in managing and developing people