terug naar overzicht
Are you looking for a varied job with Accountancy responsibilities combined with Financial analyses?
CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities, project management and corporate real estate management. As one of the business units in CBRE, Global Workplace Solutions provides end-to-end services across the complete life cycle of the workplace, helping to improve business operations and reduce cost.
- Finance business partner for the commercial finance, operations and central sourcing teams based in country and primary owner of the general ledger accounts assigned to the role.
- Responsability for the proper closing and statement of the accounts following US GAAP and be the first point of contact for any queries and audits.
- Responsibility for the statutory financial reporting and filing, and statutory and financial compliance, the integrity of the profit and loss and balance sheet for CBRE GWS entity in Belgium.
- Country finance partner for corporate central finance and shared services, tax functions to ensure close cooperation and information exchange.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Finance Accounting and Reporting:
- Ownership over central management costs and overhead expenses, including employee related costs, office administration, IT costs and cross charges,..
- Primary owner of the General Ledger and first contact for country wide GL reports, queries and audits
- Own the month end close representing country finance and coordinate month end closebcalendar, between customer account (commercial finance) teams, central finance and shared services
- First contact point for in-country, central finance and shared services for issues relating to compliance and integrity of accounts
- Preparation of the complete suite of statutory financial statements in accordance with Belgian GAAP requirements, presentation to workers council and filing with National Bank of Belgium
- Responsibility for collating, preparing and submitting the periodic VAT (Sales Tax) Returns and related filings (intrastat, EC sales list, specific local filings) in line Belgium filling requirements. Managing the payment and recording of VAT and corporate incoming taxes.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting schedules for corporate US GAAP, management and statutory reporting
- Monthly payroll and employee related costs accounting and review – ensuring that correct costs are allocated to the accounts and overheads cost centres in corporate P&L and any recharges processed.
- Preparation of monthly financial packages for review with business and finance leadership.
- Prepare monthly central management and overheads reporting, ensure review with the leadership and report out on many variances/concerns.
- Manage the relationship with external service providers (tax advisors, auditors, shared services, etc.)
- Participate in the business reviews with operational and finance leadership, provide insight into financial performance of central management and overhead cost centers, advise on risks and opportunities to the financial forecast
Internal controls and compliance:
- Drive efficiency and improve internal processes e.g. reducing manual journals and process exceptions, applying continuous improvement methodologies
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5+ years in finance/controlling roles in an international company or in an accounting firm, service industry is a plus
- FP&A background and P&L experience preferred, audit experience an advantage
- Strong accounting knowledge/experience with US GAAP/IFRS as well as Belgian statutory requirements
- Experience with finance accounting and planning systems – Peoplesoft, Hyperion (HFM), Dynamics AX, Anaplan, Oracle
- Experience in projects is an advantage – transitions, business/ legal entity integrations, shared service center experience
- Fluent in Dutch and English, French is an advantage
- University degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA is an advantage
- Well developed, strong communication skills enabling the individual to work with in country and central finance, operations and central management teams, and staff to all levels and abilities
- Results/ task orientated, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement
What can we offer?
Our success is driven by motivated employees. Our human resources policy aims to create a favorable working atmosphere where talented people can evolve and where attention is paid to a good balance between professional and private life. Results-oriented while having fun!